4 Brides Marketplace
Public and Products Liability Insurance
Summary of the Insurance Policy held by the 4 Brides Marketplace
Please note: This is a summary of the 4 Brides Marketplace public and product liability insurance policy ONLY. Nothing contained herein is general or person advice. Furthermore, it is declared and agreed that nothing contained in this summary should be understood to be an express or implied condition, term or exclusion which forms part of the insurer policy terms and conditions or be relied upon in the event of a claim. Please contact 4 Brides for access to the Certificate of Currency and/or Insurance Policy Schedule and/or Policy Wording for information as to the specific coverage, terms, conditions and exclusions afforded by the Insurer in the event of an incident, occurrence or Claim. Please also note that each Claim is subject to an Excess payable by the makeup artist or hair stylist – full details of the Policy, its coverage and exclusions including the applicable excess details are available on request by the makeup artist or hair stylist.
Content provided by Modern Risk Solutions Pty Ltd who is Corporate Authorised Representative of PSC Connect Pty Ltd (Australian Financial Services Licence AFSL 344648)
Public & Products Liability Insurance
Subject to the policy terms and conditions always (including payment of an excess), Liability Insurance is secured and extended to cover all makeup artists and hair stylists anywhere in Australia while they are providing makeup or hair styling services when arranged and paid through the 4 Brides Marketplace website or app. Makeup artists and hair stylists are covered against legal liability from any demands for compensation arising from any actual or alleged negligence resulting in personal injury and/or property damage to any third parties. The policy also includes cover for the makeup artist’s or hair stylist’s legal defence costs.
What is covered?
- The following services ARE covered: makeup application including the use of an airbrush gun, makeup removal and skin preparation. Hair styling including blow drying, curling, straightening, hot roller set and hair cutting ONLY when arranged and paid via the 4 Brides Marketplace website or app.
- All coverage is subject to the policy’s terms and conditions and like all Insurance policies there are exclusions that apply.
What isn’t covered?
- Some types of tasks or activities are not covered under the policy. These include: The puncturing, cutting, breaking, abrasion, removal or peeling of skin. The use of light heat energy (intense pulsed light), flash lamp, radio wave or laser therapy treatment. Any lymphatic drainage massage or electrotherapy massage. Teeth whitening. The use of artificial sun tanning or heat treatment devices.
- Individuals not registered on the 4 Brides Marketplace are not a beneficiary under the insurance policy. Please ensure the person that completes the booking for you is registered on the 4 Brides Marketplace and she or he is the person that your booking is assigned to.
- Bookings must be completed and paid via the 4 Brides Marketplace platform to be eligible for the coverage subject to insurance terms and conditions. Any bookings paid via alternative means (including cash in hand) will not be covered.
- The insurance only provides cover for a makeup artist’s or hair stylist’s liability for property damage or injury arising from activities (not otherwise excluded) and does not cover dissatisfaction of performance. Please refer to our satisfaction policy. Brides should view the profiles and galleries of the makeup artist or hair stylist to understand their skill level and standard of work prior to making a booking.
- Criminal activities, malicious or intentional damage is not covered by the policy. If this occurs, please report this to the police and the 4 Brides Marketplace admin as soon as possible.
The Broadform Public and Products Liability Insurance policy is with Zurich Australia Insurance Limited.
Limit of liability:
Public liability: $10,000,000 any one occurrence
Advertising Liability: $10,000,000 any one occurrence
Products liability: $10,000,000 any one occurrence
Property in Physical or Legal Control: $500,000 any one occurrence
Excess: $1,000 any one occurrence
Geographical limits: Worldwide, excluding USA and Canada.
Details of the Policy and its full terms, conditions and exclusions is available to registered brides of 4 Brides Marketplace upon request. Details are available to makeup artists and hair stylists registered on the 4 Brides Marketplace via the 4 Brides Training Intranet.